Click here to download a printable copy of the Assessment Record and Remittance Report
General Egg Assessment Information
- The assessment is mandatory on all eggs produced in Iowa from flocks of more than 30,000 laying hens.
- The rate is 2.5 cents per 30-dozen produced (e.g. 30-doz. case)
- The assessment is due on all eggs whether produced for the shell market or broken for further processing.
- Exceptions to this are:
- Incubated eggs
- Hatching eggs not intended for human consumption (hatching eggs going to human consumption are assessed)
- Eggs used for vaccines
- The assessments are due within 30 days of each calendar quarter. You can pay monthly and many firms do.
- Due dates are:
- September 30
- December 31
- March 31
- June 30
- The Iowa Egg Council charges interest on delinquent assessments.
Please contact the Iowa Egg Council Office at 515-727-4701 if you have any additional questions.