- Multiply this recipe by as many servings as you need and use ½ cup of the egg mixture for each omelet. For a sweet breakfast omelet, substitute a pinch of sugar for the salt and pepper and fill with fresh fruit as you would any omelet.
- Beat together eggs, water, salt, and pepper until blended. In 7- to 10-inch omelet pan or skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until just hot enough to sizzle a drop of water. Pour in egg mixture. (Mixture should set immediately at edges.)
- With an inverted pancake turner, carefully push cooked portions at edges toward center so uncooked portions can reach the hot pan surface, tilting the pan and moving cooked portions as necessary.
- When the top is thickened and no visible liquid egg remains, fill, if desired. With the pancake turner, fold omelet in half or roll. Invert omelet onto flour tortilla. Starting at one edge, fold the tortilla over the omelet and roll as you would for a sandwich wrap.
- HELPFUL HINT: To make your own filling, use 1 or more filling ingredients so that it totals about 1/3 to ½ cup for each omelet.